If you’re part of the marketing community, you’ve probably heard of the term ‘HERO’ content. It’s quite simply a piece of heroic content that champions your company image and helps you get an enormous amount of eyes on your brand. Most of the time, hero content is made in the form of videos. Hero content can also be articles or blogs, but more than likely, it will be a video.
When you think about hero content, you think of one word. VIRAL.
But making a video go viral is a lot easier said than done. Thankfully, we’ve compiled some top tips to help you get started with your hero content brainstorm!
Top 5 Tips for Hero Content
- Keep your content RELEVANT. Try to produce something that is on-trend or in-line with a recent world event or holiday. This will help your video get the much needed attention it deserves and will attract more eyes.
- Stay in line with your brand. It’s easy to think ‘what will go viral?’ but if it DOESN’T make sense for your brand, it won’t be worth the money or time.
- Try to evoke some sort of emotion. At the end of the day, viral videos tend to resonate well if they evoke an emotion out of the audience. Whether this be happiness, excitement or even sadness, a video that makes the audience FEEL something is more likely to go viral than one that is simply a informational video.
- Think outside the box. If you’re going to create a solid piece of hero content, this is your one shot to really go all out and express your creativity! It can be a daunting task, but also one that is exhilarating and creatively-freeing. So have fun with it! Make time to brainstorm ideas with your team. If you’re excited about the final product, chances are, your viewers will be too.
- Promotion. Once your video is done – be sure to put some ad spend behind it to give it the boost it needs to go viral. Advertising your video on YouTube is a start, which can be done as a video campaign through Google AdWords. You can also test Twitter Ads, Facebook Ads, or even Instagram Ads. Whatever your method, try to aim to get as many impressions as possible!
Need some inspiration? Check out Volvo’s Hero content piece from 2013: